Monday, October 8, 2012

"Azulito the Great"

So, as I stated in my first post; "Blu" AKA "Johnson Barnes" AKA "B"AKA "Azulito the Great" is probably currently my favorite rapper. The way this dude throws out his lyrics from his mind that I figure is similar to mine with:

  • Constant thoughts about women and how they hurt us
  • Overthinking about almost everything (next steps in life, what women want, how we're still kids)
One of my recent favorite lines of his comes from his song: "NeverDream.", where he states three things that catch me and give me the chills (meaning is under):
  • "I spit cold, but I promise I'm a nice kid"
    • He is saying that he will keep things real - no matter how harsh, but still be humble and do what is right.
  • "I told my mama last week - shit was soooo funny. I showed up to my show; with no money. Clothes bummy too, nose runny too. I had a cold mind, but I still I flow my - no one behold how my flow shocked the globe and ya gave birth to me so I will be sendin' mo money."
    • He is saying that he went into a very important place to perform - technically unprepared and still killed it. He had to tell his mother, probably because he felt he didn't do to well, or live up to the standards to where she had raised him - but he still rocked the show. To show his appreciation, he will make sure to give the full package and be prepared to make her proud.
      • This relates to me, because I have been in situations where I went unprepared, but still did well. I would've told my mother the same thing - to let her know that I am doing almost what I am supposed to; but that I am close and I will make her proud. I also just love this because that sounds like something that I would do (unintentionally).
  • "I fought for my respect first, then my checks next"
    • He makes sure that he and his style is respected by those who claim that they want him, before he caves in for the cash. 
      • I'm not mad at him for that at all. Establish yourself, become comfortable, then go for it. 
Below is the song: "NeverDream" that I love so much.

I also uploaded the songs: "4U" & "So Perfect." This is the singing side that he has that I love so much. I love singing - anything. I could go a day singing everything that I say. He's talking about women in both of the songs as well. I would do that. Lol. Growing up watching BET (Black Entertainment Television), R&B videos, and having mostly girl cousins will do it to ya. 

he also just dropped a collab-joint with Exile titled: "Give Me My Flowers While I Can Still Smell Them"
.....so spend some money por favor. Here's the DL link: (http://itunes.apple.com/us/album/give-me-my-flowers-while-i/id554385081)

2 comments:

  1. Blu is my favorite rapper as well! Very few other MCs have the personal depth that Blu has. If you haven't listened to herfavoritecolour you should, it's his best work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course I have! Vanity is one of my favorites. That was the first record of his that I listened to do - I think it was my sophomore year of high school. I wish "silent" was longer as well. He killed that album though.

    ReplyDelete