Monday, September 10, 2012

Introduction

-DJ O’Neill 4 Fo’ Real- (Because my last names O'Neill and I keep it real g)
I'm a Disc Jockey because I ride a lot of tracks.  I have always had a deep interest for hip hop.  It really started when Nelly came out with his first album Country Grammar.   My best friend in elementary school was Nelly’s cousin so we were always bumping his tunes.  After listening to this album, I was hooked.   I went through hundreds of artists downloading various songs I thought were good.  A few years later I came out with a mixtape featuring my friend “Lil Blaze” but this is not for anyone to hear anymore.  We went around school trying to sell our CD’s.  I especially enjoy music that tells a story or can be inspiring like Biggie Smalls or Tupac.  I also like the “catchy” songs that artists like ASAP Rocky or Rick Ross talk about making money and having swag, although these songs do not have any significant deeper meaning.  Hip hop is a very diverse type of music and I look forward to learning more about it.








1 comment: