Sunday, September 9, 2012

Introductions

My name is Cameron Tidball-Sciullo, and I was born and raised in Denver, Colorado. As cliche as it may sound for as long as I can remember music has constantly been one of the most important aspects of my life. I began playing the upright bass at about 9 years old and have played various instruments and made music ever since. I was extremely into the heavy metal scene as a young teenager and played in a metal band for about 4 years. In about 9th grade I began to get very into Hip-Hop, something about the music was like nothing else I had ever heard and I became enthralled by every part of the genre. Now as a sophomore in college, Hip-Hop essentially dominates my life I produce beats for two rappers out of New York City and am also recently started working with another artist in Riverside. Hip-Hop beats are so fascinating to me because the pioneers of the genre created this art form that borrows from previous artists and manipulates their sound in order to make it relevant and appeal to a whole new culture. It was the first genre of music to use a record player as a form of instrument. Lyrically I enjoy Hip-Hop because because I believe it allows artists to vividly paint pictures of life experiences through relatively blunt delivery tactics. Using the microphone as a tool to deliver memoirs, make points, boast writing styles, and to for only a few minutes escape from the world you live in and immerse yourself into the art. For so long now, Hip-Hop has been the soundtrack to my everyday whether it be the Wu-Tang Clan, or Flying Lotus.  My Hip-Hop & Racial Politics name will be DJ Divine. I chose DJ because my relationship to Hip-Hop is a producer.



I chose this song because Blame One is an extremely talented MC who works with some of my favorite producers in the game. To me this song exemplifies Blame One's ability to write, flow, conquer a beautifully sampled beat, and give his view on recent happenings in his world.



No comments:

Post a Comment