Monday, September 10, 2012

Introduction -MC FlowCap PHK fam what happenen?!

AIGHT
so my name is Vic
and this post is sick
so if you wanna see more I suggest you click,
(view)
lol jus playin 
but yeah so I'm a sophmore at the UoR, currently majoring in psychology/business. I was born in Chicago, IL and was raised there until I moved to Temecula, CA about 8-9 years ago. I have always had a passion for writing and dancing, although music didn't really influence my life until high school it had always been something I appreciated. I started off as a little kid listening to Eminem, Luda, G Unit, Lloyd banks, and whatever other music my brothers introduced to me. As I got into High School I spent a great deal of time around the Hip-Hop dance group and from there on my facination with music grew. I started off listening to mostly mainstream music along with the occasional Biggie, Tupac, and daily dose of C.R.E.A.M. by wu tang to get my "legit music" in lol! but as I began to further understand the whole music industry/underground scene I started to find artists like Blue Scholars, Immortal Technique, 9th Wonder, Wu-tang (the other songs), Blu, Exile, Blackalicious,  Dilated Peoples, Murs, Jurassic 5, etc. Something that really facinated me was that after I started to listen to more and more types artists I began understanding other genres of music much easier, for example: Reggae, Rock, Screemo, Classic, EVEN country, became much easier to understand and appreciate after I had opened my mind. A few years passed I became submerged within the culture. At first I would just write love poems to my girlfriends. Then I began to write rhymes for fun, and then I began to dance, and even though I never seriously joined a dance team I believe dancing is an amazing way for someone to express themselves. Break dancing, Shuffling, Dougieing, Krumping, Choreo, whatever dance style you choose, they (in my opinion) are all forms of self expression, so instead of writing down how you feel, dance it out. As if your body is speaking for you, that's how I see it.
So yeah, music has definitely becomes a BIG part of my life, from the mainstream as a child, to the roots as an adult I guess I kind of worked backwards but I appreciate it nonetheless and I can't wait to see what this course has to teach me, because there is still SO much to learn.

1 comment:

  1. Great post -- and I love your listing of artists and dance styles, shows the way hip hop can become a fully embodied experience. Need you to post some of your favorite songs (or even better also videos of favorite moves or of yourself) so we can be sure you know how to use the techy aspects of the blog.

    ReplyDelete