Monday, September 10, 2012

Introduction-Dunny


AYOO! My name is Ian and I am a sophomore here at UofR. I am from Seattle originally but i've been living in Bend, Oregon for the past 10 years. I think my music taste reflects the areas that I have lived. Growing up in Seattle I listened to a few hip-hop artist; Blue scholars was the first group I remember really getting into, but I was also into Ludicrous and Eminem. My only source for music was the radio and I only knew the mainstream station (kiss106.1) and the hip-hop rap station (cube93.3). The hip-hop station was usually my go to because I always had a thing for the beats. Back in the day I enjoyed Hip Hop because I was into percussion and playing drums. I never really paid attention to the lyrics until I was a bit older. But now, I see more sides of hip-hop, the beat, the lyrics, the flow, and the style. So much can be combined to get a really good feel in a song.

Now my taste in hip-hop has shifted slightly to more classics I guess. 

Some of my favorite artists/Groups: Mobb Deep, J Dilla, Wu-Tang, Mac Dre
I have decided to go by Dunny as my Hip Hop name.

I am excited to learn more about the history of hip-hop and eager to start listening to the class playlists.









Introduction by Dunny on Grooveshark

No comments:

Post a Comment