Sunday, September 9, 2012

MC Red Dragon checking in here. I came up with this name because I started freestyling with my friends on late random nights and thats what they started calling me based on my personality and my red hair. I like the idea of an MC more than a DJ because to me MC goes more with the composure of the music from the lyrical standpoint which is what I value highest in most hip hop music.

History of Rap and Hip Hop in my Life-

I started listening to rap when I was about 10. My older sister was 15 and she had just started to listen to  some of Eminem and Ice Cube. Obviously anything your older siblings do are incredibly cool so I knew there had to be something to these mysterious beats and fast paced lyrical delivery. After my mom gave up the battle to censor my music at around age 13 I stopped caring about rap or hip hop because all my friends were way more interested in pop or alternative. It really wasn't until I became extremely into the world of skateboarding did I really get into rap and hip hop. My friends would all get together and skate. In between skating at certain spots or parks we would exchange artists and songs. Also skate videos which portrayed my idols taught me of new artists in their soundtracks. Then similar things happened when I came to college where I have a large group of friends to collect new music from. That brings us to now where my favorite music is primarily rap. 

MC Red Dragon out-



No comments:

Post a Comment