Thursday, December 6, 2012

Judged by the language N.W.A used "Fuck The Police" one would think they are being rude to those who survive and "protect" our country but many did not know the while context of the story. How the police men mistreated them, beat them and put them in danger. They have a  reason to be mad and feel  the way they felt. They were being honest. When having the whole  context you can fully understand from where they are coming from but if you just see one side certainly you will take that side you see and judge the minority.

 Young teens being stopped for no reason only  by their appearance. They are judged and mistreated without reason. Police men are not protecting them but invading their privacy.





2 comments:

  1. I posted an interview earlier with Jay-Z and his feelings towards same-sex marriage. I feel that after watching this video you posted as well, he is a very open and honest person who speaks his mind. I think by doing this, he gains a lot more respect from the public and so people take what he says more seriously. I think this is very good for the Hip-Hop community as a whole.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Context I feel is always important when forming any sort of judgement on hip-hop songs. Personally, being a white male from upper middle class Denver, I cannot relate to many of the pertinent issues in gangster rap, however when I do my research about the situations artists have been in and the lives they live, I gain a more of an understanding of the music and the underlying message within it.

    ReplyDelete