Sunday, December 9, 2012

The Kanye Effect

Ever since Kanye West and Kim Kardashian became "Kimye", Kim Kardashian's style has greatly improved in terms of labels.  As seen on her show as well as in the tabloids, Kim has started to wear more brand names and labels which are given to her from Kanye.  This shows how in the Hip-Hop culture, some artists are obsessed with commodification and brand names. Kanye is known for his "labeled" attire and ever since he has started to date Kim, she has had the same mindset.  I find it interesting that, with dating a Hip-Hop artist, the other subsequently begins to change their style.  Here are some photos of Kim and Kanye:

 

      

Let me know what you think!






2 comments:

  1. I think that in many dating situations, the other tries to a ppeal more to their partner. Not always, however. Kanye is Kanye. Kanye knows he is Kanye and that his nickname is "Ye," a nickname for cocaine! What?!

    KAYNE IS A DRUG. He has the power. He's "showing" that he is in love and cares about Kim and her future. He probably knew that nobody really wants to "Keep up With the Kardashian's anymore." Or maybe they're both vulnerable?

    But honestly I think it's the relationship effect. It could get to ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the dude leeks, but I also think it could be seen in a more simplistic scope. Kanye is buying Kim expensive designer things that are stylish as well. Although they may not be her top preference since she doesn't spend money on them...If they are given to hear, she will wear them. I feel like it may be that simple.

    If I was in a relationship and someone bought me a Gucci belt or something. I would probably find a place to wear it. Although, I would never even fathom dropping that much money on any sort of accessory.

    ReplyDelete