Monday, December 10, 2012

Still(A)Live

I've been waiting to do this and rep the giant "SAVEMONEY" sticker on my computer.

This is a group of my good friends from Chicago who mostly rap and make beats. Then there are the outliers, like the artists and the promoters, which is technically me - but I surely am across the country.

A couple of the members, two of my good friends Kene and Joey, are really coming up in the "rap world" with their Chicago-pride/intellectual raps/Savemoney reppin' raps.

Lets start with one:

"Who You" by Kene...or, I mean, Kami De Chukwu.

Beat by my homie Diego and the art by my other brother, Nikko.
This is one of my favorites, as he starts off with the "Imma be real famous" quote. He comes in giving the right amount of pauses with the right amount of bars to draw you in...then BOOM! Shit gets fast. The slows back down to get you in the mood. 

The wordplay is amazing as well. It "could be too much to handle on a Dark Night [when] he's robbing   (Robin) like a black mask vandal (Batman)." 

He's definitely shedding light on yall. Then he speeds up, then closes out. I'm happy to see you paid attention to the climax pyramid in English class my brother.

Speaking of "light," that is the name of his tape that did damage to the blogs. Click here NOW. Get it.

While you wait...look down.

#Purple

No ASAP Mob, just listen ASAP. Your boy Leeks is a corny one. Still #Savemoney though. 

This is my boy Joey Purple, and this is his track: "BLVD" that I enjoy so much


The smooth smooth smooth beat from my brother Katrae (III Beats) and Joey coming straight out demanding respect for our brotherhood. Two times. 

This track is super purple though, the chopped and screwed effect is there, but the bars are fast. I love how we as a group can take this trippy-element to a new playing ground.

Let's talk about this album cover for a minute. First off in the bottom right corner is sort of our "crest" as an organization. This is what i looks like blown up: (right) and the font he uses with the famous Danish "ΓΈ" What does that make you think of?

Something else to think about: he brings up a great point within the song about how "we growin up in a city (Chicago) with the criminal fame where the most trill n*ggas never been in no gang." WHAT?! But his music is so good!

Oh, click this and listen.

Barriers broken here. #Savemoney really revolutionizing. And you really don't hear any violence within either of the songs. But you can't stop listening. Times are changing and Savemoney [is] Still(A)live. 

Proof:
 The duo, killin shit. Peep.


Again, here are the links to both of their respective tapes. I hope you enjoyed. Hit stains, no gangs, and #Savemoney.


No comments:

Post a Comment